Knowledge: it’s an integral part of what makes a University tick. We ensure our staff and students not only understand sustainability, but have the capacity to act sustainably through employability, working with communities and creating a vibrant campus environment.
The University of Leeds is a place where ideas thrive and are shared, where research makes a real impact to the world around us, and everyone is given the knowledge and skills to be more sustainable. We develop and foster external partnerships allowing us to learn from, and share learning with, the local community, education sector and wider global society.
We will become a university where sustainability is truly embedded through knowledge, engagement, collaboration and innovation. Each and every one of our staff and students will understand the principles of sustainability – it will be an integral part of our operations and will bring about positive, sustainable change for the future. To do this we have made five clear commitments under under the Building Knowledge & Capacity theme:
- We will work across University departments to build capacity and share best practice for sustainable change.
- We will equip all our staff with sustainability skills.
- We will develop external links to enhance knowledge and capacity.
- We will support and promote research that examines the issues relating to sustainability.
- We will integrate sustainability into student learning and experience to ensure all our students understand the importance of sustainability.
To find out more about we will achieve these, see our action plan, or get in touch.