Green Impact 2017-18 Final Year
As the final year Green Impact is running the workbook has been changed very little between 16-17 and 17-18 years. Meaning teams can make a final push for some top awards! Here’s a bit of a run through of how the workbook presents at the moment.
2016-17 Simplified and made more meaningful:
- The criteria have been simplified and the repetition between levels has been condensed into fewer, more meaningful criteria.
- The overall number of criteria has been cut by a third – to improve what each criteria counts for.
- The criteria are ‘action-focused’ – meaning that an action must be implemented for the majority of the criteria – making it more impact focused and fun!
Change to the structure and increased flexibility:
- There are fewer mandatory criteria for each award level, and instead of choosing the optional criteria from every award level individually, there is now a Criteria Bank where you can select the criteria most interesting or relevant to you.
- The criteria in the Criteria Bank are worth different ‘points’, ranging from 1 to 4, depending on the difficulty, scope and degree of embedding sustainability, you can choose any criteria from this bank as long as the evidence you provide is different to that used for another criteria.
- Bronze: Complete the 15 mandatory criteria plus 5 points from the criteria bank;
- Silver: Complete the 15 mandatory Bronze, 10 mandatory silver plus 10 points from the criteria bank. To achieve the award you will complete a total of 35 criteria;
- Gold: Complete 15 mandatory Bronze, 10 mandatory silver, 10 mandatory gold plus 15 points from the criteria bank. To achieve the award you will complete a total of 50 criteria;
- Platinum: Complete 15 mandatory Bronze, 10 mandatory silver, 10 mandatory gold, 10 mandatory platinum plus 20 points from the criteria bank. To achieve the award you will complete a total of 65 criteria.
- Platinum Plus: After the completion of all award levels, teams can mentor a new or struggling team. Please contact the Sustainability Service on email@example.com if you intend to complete Platinum Plus.
Changes to labs:
- Platinum Award level now available!
- New categories including ‘energy’, ‘purchasing’ and ‘communications/networking’.
- An increased emphasis on sharing best practice
- A reduction in less ambitious criteria and introduction of new criteria to match the Platinum award level standard!