Help us to deliver on the #2023plasticfree pledge and remove single-use plastics from campus!
We are looking for volunteers to contribute to achieving this ambition by delivering a plastic audit within your school or faculty. Help us to understand the scale of single-use plastic within your school/faculty, help raise awareness of the pledge within your school and suggest alternative solutions.
What You Will Gain
- Industry knowledge of sustainability in practice
- Learn about single-use plastic within the University operations
- Knowledge of environmental management techniques of offices and academic institutions.
- Insight into effective engagement and communication methods.
- Your contribution credited in your Leeds for Life Higher Education Achievement Record if you complete 30 hours or more on any of our projects.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organisational skill
- Ability to support and encourage others to perform.
- Leadership skills.
- Time and project management skills.
- Auditor skills.
Each audit will take 1-2 hours and you can help us with as many surveys as you would like to be involved with. at least, can repeat the process as many times as desired
If you are interested in our plastic-free auditor role complete our online application form. Once signed up with the sustainability volunteering programme you are free to get involved in any of our projects. For more infomation get in touch with Lucy at L.Stuart@leeds.ac.uk
Which UN Sustainable Development Goals does this opportunity align with?
This opportunity aligns with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, particularly goals 12 (Responsible Consumption and Production) and 13 (Climate Action). For more information on the goals visit sustainabledevelopment.un.org.