Why have we moved from Green Impact to Blueprint?
Green Impact was launched at the University of Leeds 8 years ago and has been very successful. However, we felt that in order to continue our transition to a more sustainable University a different approach was required. Crucially, Blueprint is bespoke to you and your school, faculty or service. Through Blueprint, we will work with you to focus on the areas where you can make the most difference, have the most impact, and that are relevant to what you actually do.
Who can get involved?
Teams are formed at a school/service level and staff and students are encouraged to play a part in delivery; it’s a key part of how sustainability will be embedded across the University.
How does it work?
There are five phases to implementing your Blueprint:
- Informal meeting/Scoping Session – Usually lasts about 1.5 hours and identifies the key impacts and opportunities of the school/service
- Workshop – Has a cross-section of staff present and has a visioning exercise and materiality assessment
- Create your Blueprint – The first draft of your Blueprint is produced. Once you’re happy, this is signed off by your Head of School/Service
- Deliver your Blueprint – Supported by the Sustainability Service and the Blueprint community, this is where the real work begins!
- Review and Recognise Achievement – Self-assess your Blueprint progress and get it verified by our student assessors. Then get your work recognised at the annual Sustainability Awards
Will my Blueprint look like other departments?
No. Each Blueprint is tailored to the area it serves. Although many parts of the University have shared ideals that will no doubt have similarities to your Blueprint, your school/service Blueprint will be unique.
How long will it take?
How much your school/service wants to commit to the programme is entirely up to you.
How will it be assessed?
You will self-assess your Blueprint annually by going through your actions and recording your progress. This will then be validated by students who will have received training from the Sustainability Service.
How do I find out more?
You can register interest by filling out the form on the main page here. One of the team will aim to get back to you as soon as possible.