Last updated: 14:00, 19/03/2020
As we assess the constantly evolving situation in the UK regarding Coronavirus (covid-19) our number one priority is to provide a safe and healthy environment for our students and staff.
This webpage will contain all up to date information on any changes to Sustainability Services at the University of Leeds.
The University Bike Hub will be open until Friday 20th March at the times detailed below and then physically closed until further notice.
Bike Hub Opening Hours
- Thursday 19th March 2020 – 12-4pm
- Friday 20th March 2020 –12-4pm
During these opening hours the Bike Hub will operate on a skeleton staff (no volunteers) and we will be prioritising the return of hire bikes. In line with social distancing guidelines we can accommodate only 2 people at a time in the Bike Hub during this time. We thank you in advance for your patience.
As of Saturday 21st March the Bike Hub will be physically closed until further notice.
The Bike Hub team will however remain accessible via the usual email address: email@example.com
Return of Bikes
If you are due to return your bike or are leaving Leeds and need to return your bike but cannot come during the opening hours this week, please follow the alternative arrangements below, when you are physically able to do so without compromising your health or that of others;
- Please lock your bike in a secure outdoor cycle stand on campus, ideally located as close as possible to the Bike Hub
- Place your D lock key(s) in an envelope labelled with ‘Bike Hub’ plus your name, email address and bike number
- Take this envelope with your key(s) inside to the University Security Office located at 175 Woodhouse Lane. Click here to access the location via google maps.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to advise that you have returned your bike and D lock key(s) and advise of the location where you have locked your bike
- Please bear with us regarding the repayment of deposits as this may take some time to process remotely in lieu of physical deposit return via card in the Bike Hub
If you have any questions, issues or concerns relating to your bike hire and information in this email, please do contact us: email@example.com.
We appreciate that as a student or staff member of the University, these are challenging times for everyone. Supporting the health and wellbeing of the University community is our top priority and we thank you for your patience and understanding during this closure.
Our team will be working hard to prepare for our facilities for reopening as soon as possible and if in the meantime we can be of any assistance please do get in touch.
Neighbourhood Helpline Service
The Universities Neighbourhood Helpline Service will continue to operate and offer support to residents affected by neighbourhood issues involving our students.
The Neighbourhood Helpline Service remains a priority for us and although during the next few weeks our typical response timescales may be affected due to the constantly evolving situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19), please be assured we are working as efficiently as possible to deal with all reports received. We apologise for any inconvenience any delay in response may cause you but thank you for your patience
We appreciate that these are challenging times for everyone and supporting the health and wellbeing of local residents and our students is our top priority. NHS advice on protecting themselves and others to reduce the risk of spreading coronavirus (covid-19) has been communicated to students. If however if you have any concerns about the wellbeing of any of our students in the community, please do get in touch to let us know through the Helpline Service.
If you have any questions about the University of Leeds response to Coronavirus, require support and for further University-wide updates, please see: www.coronavirus.leeds.ac.uk