- This event has passed.
Creating a culture of sharing: Green Drinks
August 23, 2017 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pmFree
Green Drinks Leeds is one of over 500 networking events in over 70 countries for anyone working with the environment and environmental issues.
We’re free and open to anyone, and our events usually follow a simple pattern:
1. Open Networking over a drink (6pm) – a chance to get settled in and catch up with friends
2. The Main Event (around 7pm) – a talk, film or workshop about a specific issue or topic, followed by a Q&A or discussion
3. The Go-Around – where we introduce ourselves to each other
4. Announcements – events and other things happening in the next month
5. Over to you – stick around and chat for as long as you like
This month, we’re joined by Mark White from Comoodle, who will be telling us about his project to get people in Kirklees sharing
Comoodle is a community resource sharing project managed by Kirklees Council and funded by Bloomberg Philanthropies. The project encourages groups, businesses and individuals to share their stuff, space and skills to deliver and enhance community events and activities. Transactions take place via an online platform, which captures metrics to demonstrate the social value that is being generated by shared assets.
The project has been active since 2015 and since they began trading the Comoodle team have processed nearly 850 requests and overseen 530 exchanges of stuff, space and skills. It is estimated that 448 separate groups have saved over £31,000 between them through shared use as opposed to buying or hiring. Over 37,000 Kirklees residents have benefitted so far from the scheme.
Mark White is the Project Manager for Comoodle and works for Kirklees Council’s Communities Service. He has previously worked for Calderdale and Bradford Council and the Civil Service. His interest is in creating a genuine sharing economy across Kirklees and the wider West Yorkshire community.