Delivering the Sustainability Strategy for the University of Leeds is an exciting prospect, but also a challenging one. In order to deliver on our commitments, one of our first actions set out in our Action Plan is to ensure all current plans, standards, policies and processes that have an impact on University-wide sustainability objectives, are in keeping with the strategy, clear and actionable. We have already started this extensive review process and we are working to develop a set of clear and actionable policies, standards and plans. These documents will be reviewed periodically, with any changes reported to the Sustainability Steering Group and approved by the Director of Sustainability. Updates on progress can be found in our Annual Sustainability Report:
Policies & Information
- Community Standard
- Reuse, Recycling and Waste Standard
- Sustainable Procurement Standard
- Fairtrade Policy
- Biodiversity Standard
- Sustainable Food Standard
- Sustainable Construction Standard
- Sustainable Construction Standard (medium sized projects)
Real Living Wage
- Leeds University recognises that the voluntary real living wage can improve living standards for low earning employees. Although we are not an accredited employer, we are committed to payment of the real living wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation to our directly employed staff.
For further information on any of our policies, standards or other documents, please contact us.