Help us encourage more sustainable transport choices among the University and wider community!
What You Will Gain
- Knowledge of sustainability in practice
- Bike maintenance skills
- Knowledge of local cycling
- Insight into effective engagement and communication methods
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Organisational skills
- Ability to support and encourage others to perform
- Leadership skills
- Time and project management skills
- For your contribution to sustainability, we will credit all students who volunteer 30 hours or more on our projects by recognising your volunteering in your Leeds for Life Higher Education Achievement Record. Keep track of your hours along with what you’ve been up to and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org to get formal recognition of your efforts and use this to impress future employers.
- Experience of working on a project that aligns with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Use https://leedsforlife.leeds.ac.uk/Skills to record evidence of how you have developed your skills.
Scroll down to see some the Sustainable Transport Projects that you can get involved with. If you are interested in our sustainable transport volunteering opportunities complete our online application form. Once signed up with the sustainability volunteering programme you are free to get involved with any of our projects. For more information get in touch at email@example.com
Bike Hub Volunteers
Dr. Bike Volunteers
UN Sustainable Development Goals
This opportunity aligns with the UN Sustainable Development Goals, particularly Goals 3 (Good Health and Wellbeing) and 11 (Sustainable Cities and Communities). For more information on the goals visit sustainabledevelopment.un.org.