Our Environmental Management System (EMS) is externally accredited to ISO 14001: 2015 (click here to view our certificate) and supports our Environmental Policy. It includes all activities conducted on the city campus, on our residential sites and sports and conferencing facilities. Our Environmental Policy ensures we remain committed to conducting our activities and operations in an environmentally responsible manner to reflect best environmental practice. A training module is available to all staff and can be accessed here.
Accessing EMS documentation
All EMS operational documentation can be downloaded by following the links below:
- Construction and Maintenance Reuse, Recycling and Waste Procedure
- Oil delivery, storage and transfer guide
- Storage and disposal of fluorescent lighting procedure
- Sustainable construction procedure
- Sustainable procurement (contracted goods and services) procedure
- Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment procedure
- Emergency Preparedness and Response Procedure
- Community Noise Procedure
- Tree Removal and Replacement Procedure
- Vehicle Purchase Procedure
- Energy Efficient Equipment Purchasing Procedure
EMS documents (including system documents) are stored electronically on a system called EQMS. To access this, please follow the instructions here. They explain how to access and use the EQMS software. Using your usual university login details, you can log into the system here. If you have any problems with using the EQMS system, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Once in the system the EMS documentation is available on the left of the screen via the document tree. Essential documentation is within the Environmental Management System folder.
To see all of our Standards, visit our Policies and Standards page here
A general overview of the EMS is now available on the Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) and should be completed by all University Staff. The training module can be accessed here.