A strategic aim of the University is to make sustainable travel the norm for our students and staff. This means improving connections to and from our campus, while reducing the negative impacts of travel including congestion, carbon emissions and air pollution.
Our key focuses are:
- Staff and student commuting
- Business travel
- University vehicles
- Visitor travel
Read more about how we are improving these areas in our University Travel Plan.
How to get around sustainably
There are lots of ways you can get to and from University, as well as around Leeds, more sustainably.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
We use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework to guide our activity. Our sustainable travel work is linked to the following SDGs:
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being
- Goal 4: Quality education
- Goal 9: Industry, innovation and infrastructure
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 13: Climate action
- Goal 17: Partnerships for the goals
Find out more about our impact on the SDGs.