Blueprint is an exciting framework to support Schools and Services to work out what their sustainability impacts are and what they can influence or change to support the University’s sustainability goals.
Working with the Sustainability Service, your team sets priorities and goals, along with an action plan to achieve these.
As well as supporting local change, Blueprint is designed to encourage collaboration with other Schools or Services – all teams are encouraged to join the Blueprint community to share ideas and advice. Every year, your progress will be recognised and celebrated at the University’s annual Sustainability Awards.
Who can join Blueprint?
Blueprint teams are formed at a School or Service level. All staff and students can play their part in delivering the activities.
How does it work?
There are five phases:
- Scoping session – first up, we work with you to identify the key impacts and opportunities of your School/Service.
- Workshop – here we work with your team to really focus on the areas where you can make the most difference, have the most impact, and that are relevant to your work.
- Create your Blueprint – the first draft of your Blueprint is produced, including all the actions you have discussed in the workshop. Once you’re happy, it’s signed off by your Head of School/Service.
- Deliver your Blueprint – this is where the real work starts! Working as a team, and supported by the Sustainability Service, you’ll deliver the action and initiatives in your Blueprint.
- Celebrate achievement – Blueprint progress is self-assessed and then verified by our student assessors. You’ll also get the chance to have your work recognised at the annual Sustainability Awards.
The Blueprint community
The Blueprint community brings together teams to share ideas, challenges and successes. We hold events throughout the year and online through Microsoft Teams.
Interested in creating your own Blueprint for sustainability? Great! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
We use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework to guide our activity. Our Blueprint work is linked to the following SDGs:
- Goal 3: Good health and well-being
- Goal 4: Quality education
- Goal 11: Sustainable cities and communities
- Goal 12: Responsible consumption and production
- Goal 13: Climate action
- Goal 16: Peace, justice and strong institutions
Find out more about our impact on the SDGs.