The Sustainability Strategy is just one step towards embedding sustainability across the whole university. We have come a long way already, but to make sure it remains relevant and ambitious, we need to continually assess our progress towards achieving our goals. To do this we have established a robust system of governance and accountability.
Our progress is monitored via a number of channels:
- Progress will be measured on a continuous basis by the Sustainability Steering Group, which is chaired by a member of the University’s Executive Group.
- We will develop a critical friends group which will include external members to ensure we keep on track and continue to challenge ourselves.
- We will regularly monitor our progress against the action plan and publish our externally verified annual report to the University Council. This will be available for comment by internal and external audiences.
- Our students are key to our success. Our network of sustainability architects plays a big part in delivering our strategy and helps us to keep our progress on track.
- We have developed and will update a set of supporting policies, standards and action plans. Our progress against these will be periodically reviewed. To find out more or get involved, contact the Sustainability Service or sign up to our Sustainability Newsletter to receive regular updates.
A link to the work being done by Leeds University Union, along with their policies and objectives, can be found here. Annual reviews are also held – an example of which can be read here: Finance & IT Environmental Objectives 2014-15.