Try the FAXI app today to begin your carpooling journey!
We offer staff a free subscription to the FAXI carpooling app to help share the cost of driving to work as well as helping to reduce air pollution and congestion issues in Leeds.
FAXI is an easy to use smartphone application that enables staff to identify colleagues who share a similar route to work and have similar working hours. Connect and arrange a carpooling network with colleagues, and enjoy the flexibility of choosing when you want to carpool, and who with, on a day-to-day basis. The app uses sensors in your smartphone to help you to record carpooling activity, which is used to validate shared journeys and offer incentives and rewards.
How to join the community:
- Download the app and register your account
- Find University employees with a similar route to campus
- Connect with colleagues who share similar working hours
- Create carpooling arrangements; on a weekly or daily basis
- Automatically record shared journeys to be in with the opportunity to win some great prizes
Get started now by downloading the app from the googleplay or apple app store, just search for Faxi carpooling or sign up via the web here and follow the simple instructions.
Win £100 John Lewis Voucher
Staff who register for FAXI during January 2020 will be entered into a prize draw for the chance to win a £100 John Lewis voucher and will receive an additional entry for each time they use the App to share a journey (prize draw details below).
Prize draw details:
- one entry for all new members who register during January 2020
- one entry for every existing member who joined pre-January 2020
- one further entry per each validated carpool journey made per person in January 2020
- open to all staff members from LUU and the University of Leeds who register and use the closed University of Leeds staff community in the FAXI app, whether driver or passenger, existing permit holder or not
- prize is a £100 John Lewis gift-card and is not cash redeemable
- prize draw entries close at midnight on Friday 31 January 2020; and
the prize winner will be drawn on Tuesday 4 February.
Don’t have your own car but need access to one for a quick trip or to move some items?
Have a look at Enterprise Car Club which enables you to book out and use a range of different cars that can be reserved for as little as half an hour, a day, or as long as needed.
There are 35+ new hire vehicles in designated bays across the City. We have 2 Car Club vehicles (one of which is a Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid) in dedicated bays on campus (Clarendon Road – outside Leeds University Business School; and Cavendish Road – outside the Ziff Building).
Once you have registered, vehicles can be reserved online by phone or using the iphone app. Once reserved, you just head to the designated vehicle, unlock it using your membership card or app, enter your unique pin once in the vehicle to dispense the keys and drive away. Simple!
*DISCOUNTED RATES for University of Leeds staff and students!*
Enterprise offer annual membership for £10, but will give you that £10 back as driving credits towards your first journeys to get you started! To access this discounted offer, please click on the link: University Of Leeds Personal Joining Link
For general public information on Enterprise car club vehicle locations, registration, membership, costs and bookings, click here.
Did you know? The University also has an account with Enterprise for car club vehicles to be used by staff for University business use. To bool an Enterprise car club vehicle for University of Leeds Business use, please go to: 10101269 University of Leeds Join Link
STAFF – PLEASE NOTE RE: MOTOR INSURANCE: As with hiring any car or van for University business use, you must contact Maxine Brown in Insurance Services on email@example.com or call Ext: 36029 with the dates of the hire and vehicle reg number.