At the University of Leeds, we love cycling and provide a variety of facilities and initiatives to help make cycling around Leeds safe, affordable, and pleasant.
At our Bike Hub, located in the heart of campus between EC Stoner and Roger Stevens, you can hire a bike, get maintenance help from our qualified mechanics and amazing volunteers, borrow tools, and get cycling advice to ensure you have a great time cycling in Leeds.
Buying a good bike that will last for a while and keep you safe can be expensive (although we can help you finding a second-hand bike and maintaining it), so hiring them from the Hub is a wallet-friendly option!
Visiting the Bike Hub
The Bike Hub is open for bike hire and maintenance support however we will be operating through pre-booked appointments only so we can keep everyone safe and follow social distancing guidelines.
Booking an appointment
We are operating by appointment only and all exchanges will be undertaken outside as only Bike Hub staff are allowed inside the building.
- Bike hire and cycle maintenance: book an an appointment (20 mins) on our eventbrite webpage
- Tuesday and Wednesday, 10am – 3pm
For further details of bike hire, including the types of bikes available, costs, hire duration and the hire agreement (terms & conditions) please see our hiring a bike section.
Arriving for your appointment
On arrival for your pre-booked appointment please call us on 0113 34 39179 and a bike hub staff member will come out to meet you. Please do not ring the bell or attempt to enter the hub.
All exchanges will be undertaken outside where all bikes entering and exiting the Hub will be disinfected by Bike Hub staff in the marked disinfecting area.
- If collecting a bike: the bike will be ready for you. Please step aside (2 metres) whilst we bring the bike out to you. We will then disinfect it and give you a social-distanced tour of the bike.
- If returning a bike: please leave the (clean) bike with the key in the lock and both lights on the bike. We will come out and disinfect the bike then refund your deposit by card at the window (contactless or phones preferred).
- For bike maintenance: please leave your bike in the disinfecting area and step aside. We will disinfect it, take it inside, assess it, and contact you with a quote and timescales for the work.
Returns and cycle storage
For bike returns or staff enquiries about access to secure cycle storage (locked cages) please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable time to visit.
Our campus Bike Hub has a large stock of well maintained, quality bikes available to hire for students and members of staff.
Our bikes are Ridgeback Speed hybrid bikes, perfectly equipped for city cycling, with 21 gears, rear and front lights, a D-lock, and a luggage rack.
We have offer range of different sized bike frames:
- 15″ / 38cm (XS)
- 17″ / 43cm (S)
- 19″ / 48cm (M)
- 21″ / 53cm (L)
- 23″ / 58cm (XL)
Download our size guide to find out which bike would be best for you.
All University students and staff members:
3-Month bike loan
Read the “Regular” Bike Hub Terms and Conditions.
Staff members only:
Members of staff only:
All hirers are required to read and agree to the Terms and Conditions of the bike hire agreement.
Please note that we are not able to hire bikes to organisations or individuals not affiliated with the University.
United Nations Sustainable Development Goals
We use the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a framework to guide our activity. Our work with the Bike Hub is linked to most of the SDGs.
Find out more about our impact on the SDGs.