**The Bike Hub is currently experiencing high demand for hire bikes. As a result, we have VERY LOW STOCKS across all size of bike and NO medium size bikes remaining.
We recommend that you DO NOT purchase online until further notice, as we are not able to guarantee that a suitable size bike will be available when you come to the Bike Hub to collect one.
Instead please come to the Bike Hub (open Tuesday – Thursday, 12-4) where we will endeavour to find a bike of a suitable size for you.
You can pay the deposit and hire fee in person at the Bike Hub. We accept cash (GBP £) or card payments.
As our stocks are diminishing very rapidly, unfortunately we cannot guarantee you a hire bike.
Many thanks for your patience and understanding at this very busy time!**
Please note that THE BIKE HUB WILL BE OPEN FOR BIKE HIRES ONLY for the next two weeks (19/09/17 – 28/09/17).
WE ARE UNABLE TO SUPPORT OR UNDERTAKE ANY BIKE MAINTENANCE DURING THIS TIME DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF BIKE HIRES.
There are bike repair stations equipped with pumps in the following locations:
- On the top of the Roger Stevens ramp by the Sustainable Garden
- On the left-hand side of the cycle storage located on the West side of the Marks and Spencer Company Archive (West Campus)
- On the Northern side of the Social Sciences Building
The Bike Hub was opened in 2009 and has since developed into an exemplary university bike hire and maintenance facility which is open to both staff and students. It offers facilities for bike maintenance, bike hire, route advice and cycle maps as well as discounted locks and lights.
It’s Cycle September!
Where is the Bike Hub?
You can find the Bike Hub on campus under the large paved area at the end of the EC stoner building and Roger Stevens building, at the bottom of the steps.
We are open every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 12:00 – 16:00 throughout term time. Out of term time hours can vary so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 34 39179.
Did you know about our extended hours? Read below:
Because the Hub can get quite busy, we are now happy to open it (almost) just for you, if you would like to clean or maintain your own bike! Just fill in the form below, but AFTER you read this:
- You must fill in this form, simply showing up at the Hub will not open you the doors.
- These extended hours are on offer on: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings between 10-12. The Hub open at 12, so you must be done by then. Bike maintenance always take more time than expected, so plan accordingly.
- The Hub staff is just there to open the doors for you, so you must know what you are doing. If you require assistance, or if you are unsure of what you are doing, please come during normal opening hours.
- When you come to the Hub, a staff member will make sure that you actually know what you are doing, for your own safety and to make sure the equipment is taken care of.
- There can be no more than two people at the same time in the Hub, and the space is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Please remember that you are using a common space, so clean after yourself and replace tools where you found them. You may not be given access to the Hub another time if you leave a mess behind you.
All right, now that you have read and accepted these guidelines, you can go ahead and fill in the form below:
Please note: this is NOT a contact form (guidelines above).
Bike Hub Extended Hours Booking Form
The campus bike hub has a great range of services on offer to support with everything bike related! This includes:
- Bike hire (for more information on the hub bike hire scheme click here)
- Help and advice regarding maintaining your own bike
- Pumps: come and inflate your tyres regularly, it helps avoid punctures!
- Whilst you’re at it, oil your chain!…
- Every once in a while, clean your bike, it will extend the life of its parts.
- You can purchase basic spares e.g., inner tubes, puncture repair kits, lights, D-locks.
- Ask about maps, information, general cycling advice
- Great volunteering opportunities around cycle maintenance, cycling events, education and outreach, design posters… Come and help the Hub run (ride) smoothly!
During usual opening hours, there are free unstructured, self-help maintenance sessions happening which are open to all staff and students to help them to learn the skills to maintain their bikes. Just turn up and use the tools, materials and equipment that you need, with guidance, friendly advice and tips available from the hub staff.
Interested in getting involved? Find your bearings at the Hub! Whether you are completely new to cycling or are a seasoned bike mechanic, the Hub team are always looking for new volunteer recruits to help them out. It’s a great way to meet new people and learn some new skills! All you need to do is register your details with the Hub and outline the skills and knowledge that you would like to gain from your volunteering and you will be ready to start.
Please contact email@example.com or 0113 343 9179 to find out more about the opportunities available.