**BIKE HUB UPDATE**
The Bike Hub will be closed on Thursday 23rd November, but open as usual for the rest of the week.
Please note that regular Bike Hub hours are Tuesdays – Thursdays, 12 – 4pm.
The Bike Hub was opened in 2009 and has since developed into an exemplary university bike hire and maintenance facility which is open to both staff and students. It offers facilities for bike maintenance, bike hire, route advice and cycle maps as well as discounted locks and lights.
Be Safe! Be seen! Be Secure!
As the shorter, darker days approach, we are focusing on cycle safety. Look out for our marquee on Monday 9th and Tuesday 10th October 8am – 4pm at the University Precinct (opposite the Union).
In partnership with Security Services, West Yorkshire Police, Leeds City Council and City Connect, we will be offering a cycle security package comprising a D lock, front and rear lights and your bike security marked for £20 whilst stocks last.
See you there!
Where is the Bike Hub?
You can find the Bike Hub on campus under the large paved area at the end of the EC stoner building and Roger Stevens building, at the bottom of the steps.
We are open every Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday from 12:00 – 16:00 throughout term time, except for Thursday 23rd of November. Out of term time hours can vary so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 34 39179.
Did you know about our extended hours? Read below:
Because the Hub can get quite busy, we are now happy to open it (almost) just for you, if you would like to clean or maintain your own bike! Just fill in the form below, but AFTER you read this:
- You must fill in this form, simply showing up at the Hub will not open you the doors.
- These extended hours are on offer on: Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings between 10-12. The Hub open at 12, so you must be done by then. Bike maintenance always take more time than expected, so plan accordingly.
- The Hub staff is just there to open the doors for you, so you must know what you are doing. If you require assistance, or if you are unsure of what you are doing, please come during normal opening hours.
- When you come to the Hub, a staff member will make sure that you actually know what you are doing, for your own safety and to make sure the equipment is taken care of.
- There can be no more than two people at the same time in the Hub, and the space is available on a first come first serve basis.
- Please remember that you are using a common space, so clean after yourself and replace tools where you found them. You may not be given access to the Hub another time if you leave a mess behind you.
All right, now that you have read and accepted these guidelines, you can go ahead and fill in the form below:
Please note: this is NOT a contact form (guidelines above).
Bike Hub Extended Hours Booking Form
The campus bike hub has a great range of services on offer to support with everything bike related! This includes:
- Bike hire (for more information on the hub bike hire scheme click here)
- Help and advice regarding maintaining your own bike
- Pumps: come and inflate your tyres regularly, it helps avoid punctures!
- Whilst you’re at it, oil your chain!…
- Every once in a while, clean your bike, it will extend the life of its parts.
- You can purchase basic spares e.g., inner tubes, puncture repair kits, lights, D-locks.
- Ask about maps, information, general cycling advice
- Great volunteering opportunities around cycle maintenance, cycling events, education and outreach, design posters… Come and help the Hub run (ride) smoothly!
During usual opening hours, there are free unstructured, self-help maintenance sessions happening which are open to all staff and students to help them to learn the skills to maintain their bikes. Just turn up and use the tools, materials and equipment that you need, with guidance, friendly advice and tips available from the hub staff.
Interested in getting involved? Find your bearings at the Hub! Whether you are completely new to cycling or are a seasoned bike mechanic, the Hub team are always looking for new volunteer recruits to help them out. It’s a great way to meet new people and learn some new skills! All you need to do is register your details with the Hub and outline the skills and knowledge that you would like to gain from your volunteering and you will be ready to start.
Please contact email@example.com or 0113 343 9179 to find out more about the opportunities available.