Applications for the 2018/19 Student Sustainability Architects cohort are now closed. For other ways to get involved visit our Opportunities pages.
Have a question? Please e-mail email@example.com
Who are Student Sustainability Architects?
Student Sustainability Architects are part-time paid positions at the Sustainability Service, who provide support for student engagement activities, events, campaigns and initiatives. They take the lead on delivering projects that align with our strategic objectives and also develop their own ideas to increase student participation with sustainability.
What Will You Be Working On?
Past projects have ranged from increasing sustainability-themed dissertations and student representation in political activity to helping to spread recycling knowledge across Halls of Residence and developing a Sustainability Reps network across faculties and schools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities for Sustainability Architects include:
- Supporting a core project in line with the University’s Sustainability Strategy. This could include but is not limited to –
> The Student Citizenship Programme
> The University-wide behaviour change programme
> Embedding sustainability into the curriculum
- Promoting Sustainability Services at Open Days, in faculties and schools and other partner events throughout the year.
- Supporting the marketing of the service and communication of the Sustainability Strategy by, for example, using social media to publicise events or contributing to our Sustainability Service blog.
- Supporting student-facing activities when necessary.
- Assisting with sustainability campaigns and projects when necessary.
- Gain invaluable paid work experience and boost your CV by supporting a core project in line with the Sustainability Strategy
- Work with teams from across the University to create actionable change
- Expand your understanding of the broader aspects of sustainability
- Gain exposure to a wide network of staff and students interested in and working on sustainability; and
- Develop skills applicable in the workplace including; event planning, running workshops, communication and presentation skills, teamwork and using your initiative to solve problems
How to Apply
Applications for the 2018/19 cohort are now open! Visit jobs.leeds.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=FDSUS1013 for further details and to apply (Closing date 22nd September 2018).
Take a look at the other opportunities for you to get involved on our Student opportunities page!
If you are looking for information on the University Staff Sustainability Architects please visit: sustainability.leeds.ac.uk/staff-sustainability-architects/