The University Bike Hub will be open until Friday 20th March at the times detailed below and then physically closed until further notice. For more information and to find out what to do if you need to return a bike see our Coronavirus Update page here.
Bike Hub Opening Hours
Thursday 19th March 2020 – 12-4pm
Friday 20th March 2020 –12-4pm
From Saturday 21st March the Bike Hub will be closed until further notice.
The Bike Hub was opened in 2009 and has since developed into an exemplary university bike hire and maintenance facility which is open to both staff and students. It offers facilities for bike maintenance, volunteer opportunities, bike hire, route advice and cycle maps as well as discounted locks and lights.
Where is the Bike Hub?
You can find the Bike Hub on campus under the large paved area at the end of the EC stoner building and Roger Stevens building, at the bottom of the steps.
Thursday & Friday 12-4pm, closed from 21st March until further notice
The campus bike hub has a great range of services on offer to support with everything bike related! This includes:
- Bike hire (for more information on the hub bike hire scheme click here)
- Help and advice regarding maintaining your own bike
- Pumps: come and inflate your tyres regularly, it helps avoid punctures!
- Whilst you’re at it, oil your chain!…
- Every once in a while, clean your bike, it will extend the life of its parts.
- You can purchase basic spares e.g., inner tubes, puncture repair kits, lights, D-locks.
- Ask about maps, information, general cycling advice
- Great volunteering opportunities around cycle maintenance, cycling events, education and outreach, design posters… Come and help the Hub run (ride) smoothly!
During usual opening hours, there are free unstructured, self-help maintenance sessions happening which are open to all staff and students to help them to learn the skills to maintain their bikes. Just turn up and use the tools, materials and equipment that you need, with guidance, friendly advice and tips available from the hub staff.
Interested in getting involved? Find your bearings at the Hub! Whether you are completely new to cycling or are a seasoned bike mechanic, the Hub team are always looking for new volunteer recruits to help them out. It’s a great way to meet new people and learn some new skills! All you need to do is register your details here or in-person at the Hub and outline the skills and knowledge that you would like to gain from your volunteering and you will be ready to start.
Please contact email@example.com or 0113 343 9179 to find out more about the opportunities available.